Apply online or in person.
Residential Administrator – 01/25/2023
Essential Duties Include:
MERT Enterprises, Inc. has an internal job opening for a FULL-TIME RESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATOR (RA). Essential Duties Include but are not limited to:
- This is a full-time salaried position with a flexible schedule working 40-45 hours per week with a small team of other RAs
- Supervise, train and develop a team of Direct Support Professionals (DSP) staff
- Supervise Shared Living Providers (SLP) and several adult consumers and to maintain a strong relationship with the consumers to be aware of new developments and ongoing goals they are working on
- Promote and facilitate the growth and development of several of MERT’s consumers by being the key link for support services, coordinating with CCM/ISC, families, employment in their community, volunteer programs, health-related issues and other means to advocate for your consumers
- Time management and attention to detail needed to verify time sheets, mileage reports, support summary sheets, and other documentation to comply with agency and DHHS timelines
- Work in conjunction with other RAs to resolve scheduling and staff coverage issues
- Work in consumer residences or cover shifts if there are scheduling issues or emergency call-outs when a DSP is not able to work their normal shift
- Participate as an active member of the RA Team to constantly communicate consumer needs, consumer health issues, DSP performance issues and, staffing vacancy issues
- Provide support to other RA Team members with complex issues by giving feedback and helping trouble-shoot and resolve them in a positive and productive manner
- Maintain State of Maine and agency-required training and certification requirements
- Participate in the On-Call rotation with other RAs to include ONE weekday “after hours” coverage and rotating weekend coverage which could include handling crisis calls, shift call outs / covering of shifts.
- Role Model for staff, consumers and the general public when representing MERT in Special Olympics, consumer meetings or any recreational or professional development setting
- This is not a thorough list of RA job duties but is meant to show the essential duties RAs perform
- Minimum 5 yrs. related experience in direct care field
Requirements: Must be able to show proof of highest level of education completed, pass a thorough background check, have CRMA and DSP certifications that are current, have your own vehicle which seats four people comfortably and is available to you 24/7, be fully COVID-vaccinated and live within a 15-minute radius of Bangor to respond to urgent issues which could arise in the evenings, overnight, weekend or holidays. Familiarity with Section 21 and Section 29 MaineCare and Medicare regulations is a plus.
Knowledge of Therap or similar consumer-tracking software, EIS for consumer’s PCP’s, CCM’s, guardians and rep payees and Bangor Time or related software to do staff payroll. Familiarity with Section 21 and Section 29 MaineCare and Medicare regulations is a plus.
This position reports directly to Mary Rush, Executive Director.
Apply using our online Employment Application at: https://www.mertenterprises.org/careers/
Or stop by our office & fill out application Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm at MERT Enterprises, Inc. 233 Bomarc Road in Bangor. You can also call our office for us to mail you an Employment Application at 207-942-4585, fax a resume to us at 207-942-1574, or email your resume to: Scott.Lynskey@mertenterprises.org AA/EOE